Stay Safe – On the Court
Ballrz.com workout programs are a great way to stay in shape, but always remember to be smart! Use these tips to make sure you get the most out of your workouts and stay in the best health.
- Check with your doctor before starting any new workout program and make sure that you are healthy enough to perform the activities presented. Get an annual physical to make sure you’re still in peak condition for intense training.
- Make sure that you stay hydrated before and after workouts and eat right! Your body needs the right nutrition and fluid to be at the top of your game. Ignoring your body’s need for nutrients can cause exhaustion, fatigue and dehydration.
- Avoid injury by always following the drills and exercises closely. Use the warm-up routines and stretching exercises provided to you to make sure your muscles are ready for the drills and exercises provided by Ballrz.com.
- If you feel any pain or discomfort, talk to your parents and your doctor. Getting in the habit of quickly treating any injury will help you stay on top of your game much longer and give your body the opportunity to heal and repair itself.
- Always wear the appropriate clothing and shoes. It’s important to wear clothing that will keep you cool and footwear designed for basketball that offers support and reduces the risk of injury.
- Most importantly, trust your own instinct. You know the difference between a great workout that stretches your limits and pain or discomfort that signals when something is wrong.